There is nothing better than a stuffed roasted chicken. It’s delicious and healthy. When you roast chicken in oven at home, no one can resist the aromatics chicken with lemon and rosemary.
Today, we bring you the tips to stuff a chicken for roasting in oven.
General tips to stuff a chicken for roasting
- Soak chicken it in salt water for flavor rich juicy chicken
- Stuff the aromatics in chicken’s cavity
- Cover the fillets by removing the skin from breast meet gently
- You should use sausagemeat stuffing for the neck-end of the chicken
- Using a string, tie chicken’s legs together to ensure that the stuffing stays inside the chicken while in the oven
How to stuff a chicken for roasting in oven
Method 1: Normal heat
The first method is the regular method, which is relatively easier to follow. Here are the simple two steps to follow.
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C
- Roast your chicken in the oven
Many people will have no idea how much time the chicken needs to spend in the oven. Ideally, a one kilogram chicken should be roasted for about 30-40 minutes. You can easily calculate the time according to the weight of the chicken that you want to roast in the oven.
Method 2: High Heat
This second method is quick and uses high heat settings of your oven. Here is how to roast chicken using this method.
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees C
- Cook the chicken for 15 minutes
- Reduce the temperature to 175 degrees C and cook it for another 15 minutes (per kilogram of chicken
That’s it. Take out the chicken and serve it with seasonal dressing. You can also make some sauce to compliment the roasted chicken.